New York City is the worldwide destination for audio and video professionals. So it’s no wonder that international students contribute to the creative energy at IAR. We welcome foreign students to our school and thank you for your interest.
To apply for admission and your student visa, you must submit to us the items listed below. Upon receipt of these items, we will mail you a copy of the Form I-20 and the Form I-901. In order for your visa to be approved by the U.S. Consulate, you will need to submit the Form I-901 with a $200.00 non-refundable application fee to the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (This fee is to the U.S. government, not IAR). A receipt of your payment will be sent to you by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program. You will then take this receipt of your $200 payment and the copy of your Form I-20 to the U.S. Consulate in your home country to request a student visa from the U.S. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Service.
To start the process, you should request a catalog, which will come with a registration application and enrollment agreement. If you have any questions along the way, please call us at 212-777-8550.
Once you receive the catalog, you should send us:
1. The completed registration application.
2. Two signed copies of the IAR enrollment agreement.
3. Proof of proficiency in the English language. Examples of this include a TOEFL score of at least 175 or two years’ academic study of the English language.
4. Documentation of high school graduation, or its equivalent. All diplomas not in English must be officially translated and notarized.
5. An initial tuition payment of $7450.00 (US dollars). The balance must be paid in full prior to the start of classes.
6. Documentation from your bank stating you, your parent, or other financial sponsor has a minimum of $30,000.00 (U.S.) for your support while you are studying at IAR.
7. If you are currently attending another school on an I-20, a transfer letter (which we can provide) must be completed by your school.
Once all of these items are received, we will send you your copy of the Forms I-20 and I-901. Tuition payment may be made by bank check, money order, major credit card, or direct bank deposit from your home country to our bank. If you wish to make a direct bank deposit, call us at 212-777-8550 for instructions. Do not send us any bank or credit card information by email or through our online contact form.
Thank you again for your interest in IAR. We hope to hear from you soon.